10 Things You Can’t Miss in the Canadian Business World
August 20, 2018
What are the latest top things to watch for in the Canadian business world? What about obtaining a reliable and affordable Canadian merchant account? Just keep on reading below and you’ll know.
Canadian Business World News: Canadian Merchant Account
Here’re 9 important things you can’t miss in the Canadian business world:
- Second-quarter results from Restaurant Brands International Inc. (the parent company of Burger King and Tim Hortons) concerning therecently filed lawsuit concerning price gouging and equity theft.
- Second-quarter results from Montreal-based Aimia Inc. An Air Canada-led consortium proposed purchasing its Aeroplan loyalty rewards asset at a discounted price.
- Second-quarter results from BCE Inc., a major player in the telecom and media industry.Canadian consumers are invited by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission to tell the federal regulator what experience they’ve had in dealing with misleading or abusive sales offered by the country’s telecommunications companies.
- The gross domestic product by industry for May represented byStatistics Canada. Real GDP for the previous month accounted for up 0.1%.This is more than what economists have predicted.
- Latest job numbers for July fromStatistics Canada. The previous labor force survey released by the agency revealed that the jobless rate accounted for 6% in June, which was up from 5.8% in May.
- The new housing price index for June from Statistics Canada. May statistics showed unchanged new home prices.
- Second-quarter results from Aircraft and train builder Bombardier Inc. One of the founders of WestJet Airlines Ltd. and JetBlue Airways Corp. reported in July about his decision to purchase 60 Airbus A220-300, which was formerly known as Bombardier’s C Series, aircraft for a new US airline he wasgoing to launch.
- Second-quarter results from Manulife Financial. The financial services company has recently entered into partnership with Shoppers Drug Mart. They aim to offer enhanced medical marijuana insurance coverage.
By the way, if you’re interested in opening a reliable, secure, and affordable Canadian merchant account for your medical marijuana or another type of business, turn to a reputable payment processor in the field.
Working with a trustworthy and experienced merchant account provider is critical to your success. Only a respectable high riskmerchant services provider can get you a low cost merchant account to help you grow your business.
- Second-quarter results from Magna International Inc. TheAurora, Ontario-based auto parts manufacturing company announced in June that it was going to form 2 new joint ventures with a Chinese company with the purpose of engineering and building electric vehicles.
- Second-quarter results from Fending off Netflix Cineplex Inc.The movie theater chain has recently announced new initiatives over the last few months aimed at fighting the rise of streaming services such as Netflix, including home delivery of concession stand snacks in select markets and a number ofcenters offering virtual-reality experience.
You can’t grow your business without being aware of what’s going on in the business world you’re in. Keep your finger on the pulse and work with true professionals in yourfield so to move forward successfully.
Author Bio: Electronic payments expert Blair Thomas co-founded eMerchantBroker, serving both traditional and high-risk merchants by offering a Canadian merchant account and other merchant services. His passions include producing music and traveling.